Covers activities in City parkland, including many shared-use paths in the river valley. The purpose of this bylaw is to regulate the conduct and activities of people on Parkland in order to promote the safe, enjoyable and reasonable use of such property and to protect and preserve natural ecosystems for the benefit of all citizens of the City.
TRAIL USE 12
- Every person using an Improved Trail or an Unimproved Trail shall:
- yield the right of way to slower moving people;
- alert anyone about to be overtaken by giving an audible signal a reasonable amount of time before overtaking; and
- use reasonable care when overtaking another person.
- Every person using a Bicycle on an Improved Trail or an Unimproved Trail shall alert anyone about to be overtaken by sounding a bell a reasonable amount of time before overtaking;
SPORTING ACTIVITIES 14.1 While on Parkland no person shall operate a Bicycle unless the Bicycle is equipped with a working bell.