The 5th year of Sustainable Food Edmonton & Edmonton Bicycle Commuters community garden bicycle tours is happening Saturday August 20, 2016! Discover the people power and plants production in some community gardens in north-central Edmonton. Each garden will have a host to share the stories of their garden – how the garden operates, how it came to be, and its impact on the local community.
This year's tour will be approximately 15 kms of leisurely riding. You must be comfortable with on-road cycling (light traffic only). Experienced cyclists will lead and tail the tour.
Please bring your own:
- well-maintained bicycle
- helmet (mandatory for under 18; recommended for 18+)
- bike lock
- appropriate clothing (tour runs rain or shine!)
- sun protection & bug protection
- water, lunch & snack
- optional: cash for the purchase of fresh veggies
Registration is FREE but required and you will be asked to sign a waiver and photo permission form before participating.
Saturday August 20, 2016 10:30 am – 2 pm
Meet at EBC's BikeWorks North, 9305 - 111 Avenue
Tour route map goo.gl/maps/1DG2Mevyhis (subject to change) is approx 15 km with the following garden tours:
- Alberta Avenue Community League garden
- Eastwood Community League garden
- Elmwood Park Community League garden
- Mosaic Centre community garden
- Highlands Community League garden
- Lactuca Urban Farm
- Grower's Dozen garden at Parkdale-Cromdale Community League
- Operation Fruit Rescue Edmonton micro-orchard