The 6th year of Sustainable Food Edmonton & Edmonton Bicycle Commuters community garden bicycle tours is happening Saturday August 19, 2017! Discover the people power and plants production in some community gardens in north-central Edmonton. Each garden will have a host to share the stories of their garden – how the garden operates, how it came to be, and its impact on the local community.
This year's tour will be approximately 10 km of leisurely riding. You must be comfortable with on-road cycling (light traffic only). Experienced cyclists will lead and tail the tour.
Please bring your own:
- well-maintained bicycle
- helmet (mandatory for under 18; recommended for 18+)
- bike lock
- appropriate clothing (tour runs rain or shine!)
- sun protection & bug protection
Registration is FREE but required and you will be asked to sign a waiver and photo permission form before participating.
Saturday August 19, 2017 10 am – 12:30 pm
Meet at Westmount Community League Hall, 10970 127 Street.
Tour route map goo.gl/3zPJ8M (subject to change) is approx 9 km with the following garden tours:
- Westmount Community League Garden
- Peace Garden Park (Oliver Community League Garden)
- McKinnon Ravine Food Forest
- Food4Good Community Garden @ Crestwood Presbertyrian Church
- Grow Forward Grovenor Community Garden